Saturday, August 9, 2008

Trendy-Third

Please note, I took this trip last weekend when it wasn't 100 degrees.

Decided to take a walk up NW 23rd today, since I've talked about it a bit recently. There is about a mile of storied "trendy" shops, restaurants, and a few mainstream establishments (talking about you Gap). The stretch of road is a nice walk - there is tree coverage for almost the entire mile. Many of the stores are in old Victorian houses. NW 23rd is only one lane each way, so the amount of possible traffic is reduced. However, there are still quite a few vehicles that use the road. One negative about the area is that the sidewalks are narrow, so you have to dart around people. When you get to sidewalk sales and a cafe, the sidewalk space narrows even more.

Some other thoughts about the Trendy-Third:

Only two Starbucks

If you want to know the future, there are palm reading and other spiritual services

The Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center is located along the way (it's always nice to have a hospital close by).

Finally, is $50 dollars for a Brazilian wax a deal? 'Cause one sign I saw said it was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll ask Jepsen and get back to you.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah $50 is a great deal. I pay twice that here in OKC.

Salad Days Music said...

I think your blog is broke -- I keep visiting but nothing changes.

Unless of course you've both read "how to be a productive blogger" by Logan Tisdal.

If that's the case I more than understand why there are no updates.